Saturday, July 11, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday to Cora!

Hi, this is Cora. Now that I am a 1 year old, I am going to start doing some of the posting myself. Today I celebrated my first birthday with family and friends at my house. The people who came were Carson, Owen, Tannar and John Marshall. Their parents came too. All of my grandparents were there as well. We had a kiddie pool party. Mama and Daddy had all kinds of fun things for us to do. We had a pool, splash mat, beach balls everywhere, a ball pit and even the beach (well, seashells on a blanket under an umbrella)!Wow! I woke up from a nap and look at my front yard! That was some nap! Here are pictures of the kids at my party. Above are John Marshall and Tannar. Below are Owen, Me and Carson. Yup, all boys.

My Grandparents

I got so many presents like books, clothes, puzzles, a sand box, a wagon, blocks and other things too! We had very yummy food. My favorite was the cake. My Gram made two, one for me to have and one for everyone else. They both looked like fish. I didn’t make much of a mess like everyone expected. I had not had cake, icing or candy… until today. The cake had candy orange slices and I chewed on them for a while.

All for me?! Thanks for the cakes Gram. They were delish!

Mama just reminded me that I needed to mention that I went to the doctor for my checkup yesterday. It was great until those SHOTS! Yawza, they hurt! Three in one arm! Yes, I cried for the shots but not for the finger prick. Before they started sticking me with needles the doctor said that I look great. She told Mama and Daddy a lot of numbers about how big I am. I am a little weak on percents so I’ll let Mama take over from here.

Thanks for reading my blog. I’ll write again soon.

ONE YEAR OLD- It is amazing to see what I looked like this time last year. I was a peanut! I'm such a big girl now.

Whew, just got the computer back from Cora. She wanted me to take over with the measurements. Weight: 21 lb 14.5 oz (65%), Length: 31.75 inches(off of the charts, the doctor said that Cora is the length of an average 18 month old), head: 46.75 cm (90%- big ol’ noggin). The doctor was very pleased with Cora’s progress. She is convinced that Cora is going to be very tall.

I know that every month I say that I can’t believe that Cora is growing so fast and that the time is passing so quickly. It is really sinking in now. During the last 48 hours or so Coy and I keep thinking of what we were doing “right now, 1 year ago”, “right now, 1 year ago”, “right now, 1 year ago”-- I feel like we’ve said it a hundred times- “Right now, 1 year ago I called you to tell you that you needed to come back home. You were not going to work today”. “Right now, 1 year ago we arrived at the hospital”. “Right now, 1 year ago we met our precious daughter”. (Wow, getting emotional now.) For that one we actually woke Cora and sang to her. Yes, she was born at 12:47am. We did it anyway.


I feel like I could write pages and pages tonight but I am going to stop. Thanks to everyone who have sent birthday wishes this way. We had a terrific day. Happy Birthday Sweet Girl! I love you so much!


3 comments:

Nathan, Laurie, Elizabeth & Emily said...

Happy Birthday Cora!! Hope you had a fabulous first birthday!

Emily Myers said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CORA!!! I am SO SORRY I missed your party- I was too far away to drive back home :( Don't worry though, I found you the PERFECT present and I will come see you very soon to celebrate! I love you bunches! xoxoxoxo

Cassidy said...

Cora is just precious. I can't believe she's a year old. The party looks like it was a blast!