Monday, July 6, 2009

Atlantic Beach

We just got back from a fabulous trip to the beach. It was just Cora and me from Sunday through Thursday. Coy joined us Thursday afternoon. We had such an amazing time. I promised Cora that it would be annual tradition for just us to go on a trip. Don’t get me wrong, we were very excited to see Coy too. It was a whole lot easier than I expected it to be. Our days went like this: wake up, eat breakfast, walk on beach/around the neighborhood, play inside, nap, lunch, beach, nap, play/run errands, supper, walk again, play, night night J. I could do that all summer!!! That is the life, I tell you! We know some people down there with little kids so Cora had a fun time with them.


Huge Sand Castle at the Aquarium

One of the cutest things that happened was Cora falling asleep on my head… I’ll explain. Aunt Linda, Coy, Cora and I were in the ocean and I put Cora on my shoulders. I guess the rocking of the waves were enough to knock her out! She fell asleep on my head. When we came out of the water we got lots of smiles and giggles because it was so sweet. I love my sweet baby girl!

Cora also explored her taste buds some. Many of you know that I am very strict about what she eats. Well I decided to loosen up a bit- we’re on vacation. Cora loves and devoured shrimp! She is such a good eater. We are so fortunate. We stopped at McCall’s on the way and coming back and both times she ate like a big girl. In addition to the shrimp, she ate lima beans, crowder peas, hushpuppies, corn, cucumbers. She even turned down banana pudding- it’s the first dessert she has ever been offered and all she would do was ask (sign) for more crowder peas. But I’m not complaining.

We ate breakfast outside every morning

We ended the week with the annual Club Colony 4th of July parade. It has been a long time since I had an excuse to be in the parade! Cora was a hit! I decorated her stroller and even equipped it with a bubble machine. It was the best! Everyone loved it! The week ended too soon. We have already planned to go back to the beach in September. The best "float" in the whole parade!The Allens and the RooneysMy little sweetheart and me before the parade Please don't be offended by the bathing suit. We couldn't resist! We even debated letting her wear it in the parade. But decided against it.Before the fireworksDuring the fireworks

Cora would not let go of her two little flags- How patriotic.

2 comments:

Cassidy said...

What an awesome trip! And what great pictures! I love the ones of her in the pink dress in the sand .... SOOO sweet. She is just precious!! Isn't motherhood the best?! :)

Allen Family said...

Thanks Cassidy. We had such an amazing time. It is incredible to think that she will be a year old on Saturday. I can't believe it. Everyone has those "professional" cheesy sand dune pictures. I thought I would take a shot at it. Not professional yet still quite cheesy. I like them though. :) What will our girls do with the 5 million pictures that we are taking of them?!
I hope all is well with you. It looks like you had a great 4th too. Take care!