Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pizza, that's right, pizza



I will be the first to admit that I am a little (okay, a lot) obsessive about what Cora eats. If I am not, who will be, right? Many of you already know these facts but here they are: 1-Cora has had no refined sugar or artificial sweeteners (or artificial ANYTHING). 2-I have made all of her baby food. She has never had commercially produced baby food. 3-Until about a month ago, she had only had organically grown fruits, vegetables and grains. 4-Don’t even get me started with meat! WHY AM I SO OBSESSED!? I am quite aware that she will some day enjoy a good ol’ burger and Cook Out milkshake like the rest of us but for now I feel like it is my obligation to only offer the best nutrition for her little growing body.
Well, at Cora’s 9 month appointment, the doctor said that we should really start letting her eat what we’re eating. So I’ve been putting it off and putting it off. Yes, I give her veggies from my plate (before they are salted or peppered) and she has had some cheese and yogurt- but I am so hesitant to offer just anything. Well, the realist in me knows that my baby girl will not survive on just organic pureed butternut squash and avocado forever (of course that is not all that I feed her- those are just her favorites). SO...
All that being said… We went to a Bulls game tonight. Before the game, we went to Mellow Mushroom for pizza. I LET CORA TRY PIZZA and she loved it. She was such a good girl. It was mostly crust but she had some fresh tomatoes and mozzarella and feta cheese with it. She is growing up so fast. I think I’ve been putting off table food because she looks like such a big girl when she eats it. Oh well, no looking back now.

No comments: