Sunday, May 10, 2009

My First Mother's Day









I cannot begin to describe how wonderful my first Mother’s Day was. I am so blessed to have such an amazing daughter and mother.
My day started with opening a wonderful gift from Cora. She had made a card and had her daddy help her trace her hand—LOVE IT! She had also apparently talked him into buying a really, really nice camera. Lord knows that I take lots of pictures. Well, the two of them talked it over and decided that I needed an upgrade. WOW! I took 120 pictures… just today. Is that too much? Oh well!
After I had a few minutes with my new toy, we packed up and headed to the ‘ville. Cora, as well as Will and Laurel-Ann were dedicated at Thompsonville Baptist during today’s service. We were so proud to have all of Cora’s grandparents there and many other relatives too. She looked so beautiful. The preacher even commented on how beautiful Cora’s name was. He had no idea how many people in that church loved her namesake. I know that my Grandma Cora was so proud today.
After church, Coy’s parents, my dad, Coy, Cora and I spent the day at my mom’s house. My Aunt Ann, Misty, Daniel and their family joined us as well. We had lunch, sat on the front porch, played out in the water and took naps in the shade. It doesn’t get much better than that! I had such an incredible day.

1 comment:

Cassidy said...

What great pics! I can tell you love the new camera. :) I LOVE the first picture on the porch with the geraniums. She is just precious!!
We also had Lilly baptized on Sunday ... didn't that just make it such a special day? Oh, we just loved it, as I can tell you did too.
Happy Mother's Day!