Monday, March 9, 2009

Milestones!

Our 3 girls looking at the beautiful snow and waiting for Coy to come home.Look who's standing and cruising the hearth!
We started last week with a snow day- yippee! Tuesday, we were at the pediatrician's office with another ear infection. Coy and I stayed at home all week (except Friday) with our little sick munchkin. Her temperature went as high as 102.9. Talk about nervous first time parents!

We all survived though and between the snow on Monday and the 80 degrees on Sunday, we learned some new tricks!
1.) Cora is now very accomplished at crawling. She will take off and be gone in a flash. I am amazed that a month ago she was not crawling at all!
2.)She has also started pulling up a lot. She pulls up on one end of the hearth and walks (holding on of course) to the other end. Today she even walked about 5 steps behind her little wagon. I got video of it but she wiped out at the end so I decided not to post it...
3.)Cora's next trick is clapping. Cora will now clap her hands together! The problem is taking them apart and repeating it over and over. We'll get to that later I guess. It's also possible that she is showing the sign for "more"- see #4.
4.)Trick number 4 is signing "more". I'm pretty sure that's what it is since she does it when the Cheerios come out and she stops when she gets more. We're not 100% sure it is signing or clapping- see #3.
5.)Finally, Cora has started dancing. Well, if you can call it that. When you say the word dance and move your head up and down, she goes up and down, up and down. It's so cute! Unfortunately, I don't think she got the McKinney rhythm(I certainly didn't!) :) We'll have work on that.

Wow! This month has been a busy one for our little sweetie. I can't believe she is growing and changing so fast!

NO WONDER SHE IS EXHAUSTED!!!

Below are some pictures of Cora sleeping. She was so tired that she fell asleep sitting up. We took some pictures and just let her stay there. We figured that she would eventually lay over. So when I went to check on her she had adjusted... to another sitting position. Of course I had to take pictures. And yes, I did eventually move her so that she could get a good night of rest.


Sound asleep sitting up, take 1.

Sound asleep sitting up, take 2.

No comments: