Friday, October 17, 2008

3 Months


Cradle Cap Be Gone!


Cora turned three months old on Saturday. She is growing so much. We just retired another pair of pajamas. These were size 6 months! She is getting a lot longer- before, she was mostly getting "thicker". Maybe she'll be tall like her grandmothers!
Our big excitement this week came last night when I decided to tackle the cradle cap... It almost won. I was given the advice to put vasaline in Cora's hair and comb out the flakes. No big deal, right? Wrong. I had to wash her hair 4 times and comb/rub her hair for about 2 hours. She was a trooper through all of the hair washings. And she slept right through the brushing part (she must take after me- I love to have my hair brushed. It puts me right to sleep too.) I finally got all of the vasaline out and am happy to report that we all lived through it- even the person who gave me the wonderful advice :) Before I realized how much of a challenge this was going to be, I snapped some cute pictures.
Other events this week include officially sucking her thumb and reaching for objects. She has tried to put her entire fist in her mouth for about 2 weeks. Now she has mastered the thumb. And it seemed like over night she learned that she could reach for things. Often anything that can go in her mouth, does.
I have also included her 3 month rocking chair picture and pictures of Cora in her doorway bouncer. Coy thinks it is the coolest thing ever. She seems to like it too.
The other pictures are random ones that we've taken lately. It's so easy to get her to smile now. She is so much fun!


3 comments:

Nathan, Laurie, Elizabeth & Emily said...

What a cutie! As for the cradle cap try a tiny bit of Selsun Blue and wash her hair with that and scrub with the little brush they give you in the hospital. Then wash with her baby shampoo. Works for Emily b/c hers comes and goes!!

Allen Family said...

Hey Laurie- Thanks for the cradle cap suggestions. I hope we've seen the end of it...
I love the new background. I got the idea from your blog. They have so many to choose from. I think I am going to be changing it a lot. I can't wait to see Halloween pictures of your girls!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the new backgrounds!!! So cute! We are looking forward to Halloween too! :)