Thursday, December 23, 2010

Uncle Mike's Hay Ride

I have the best Uncle Mike in the world. He loves our family so much and we all adore him. He has been through such a tough year. In the first days after our Aunt Joanie passed away, we found ourselves being comforted by him. He is as genuine, kind and strong as any man I have ever known. I love him so much. I recently wrote "My Uncle Mike is the best...He took all of us on the best hay ride ever. Everyone needs an Uncle Mike like mine." on Facebook. There were a flurry of comments to follow. Here are a few-


"I love your Uncle Mike too!" -Chassidy Millsap Stanley
"He is awesome." -Jessica Ross Rash
"the sweetest nephew (sorry nephews) I have. To know Mike is to love him. I dare anyone to disagree. Mike, I love you and you know it!" -Aunt Linelle Robertson-- She said that like he is going to see it on FB. Ha! No way!
and my favorite---
"One of the best men I know... what the rest of us strive for." Robbie Rash


Now, on to the pictures...
Our family (usually 40+ people) gets together about once a month for Sunday Lunch. April and Jenny's lunch was on Halloween this year. And since you would NEVER have Halloween on Sunday in Reidsville, we were not going out to trick or treat that night. Uncle Mike decided to have a hay ride for all of us. I have been on many hay rides in my day but this was the best. We started at his house, went past the shop and pack houses, through the peach orchard, down Gilliam and High Rock, into one cow pasture, down Mom's driveway, and into another cow pasture. We ended our trip with a trip to Bill Ross' Store where he bought the whole crowd ice cream. Does it get any better?! I think not. Enjoy the many pictures that came from such a fun day!

"Morgan, I'm afraid you're not going to blend in with the cows like me."

Ryan and Ashley

Our attempt at a cousins shot... Carson, Will, Tannar, Jackson, Laurel-Ann, Morgan, Cora and John Marshall

Tannar looks like he is checking on the bulk barns as we are cruising by.
Fun!


Some of the pictures are in the wrong order. The ice cream was actually last. There are too many pictures here to rearrange.





Uncle Mike


Cora with "her people"- For several days, whenever we passed a cow pasture, she would say that those are "her people". Funny girl.
My little calf chewing cud

In the peach orchard

Aunt Donna and Uncle Jim- I think Jackie was too cool for this ride :)

Carson
Daniel, Misty and Laurel-Ann

John, John Marshall, and April

Anna and Morgan

Look the Witch of the West just blew in! I'm sure Uncle Mike had some thing witty to say about Jenny's costume.

Almost loaded up

Cora with Will (not entirely sure of his costume- forgive me Will)

Wild boys! Carson, Jackson, Will and Tannar. Those four heartbeats are the reason why we're having to teach our girls to be tough. They are the "Brian, Eric and Chris" of this generation.

Waiting patiently for the festivities to begin!

No comments: