Thursday, December 23, 2010

Fire Station!


During my October intersession break Cora and I took a trip to the Hillsborough Fire Station. The Station is located right downtown and she gets so excited every time she sees it. She loves to look into the big windows as we drive past to see if the are eating supper- hummm... sort of like a firefighter fishbowl. Anyhow, I thought it would be a good idea to let her meet and get comfortable around firemen. Hopefully we would never encounter one on official business. But in the case that we did, I want her to know that they are our friends.
We started with a trip to Dunkin Donuts because we didn't want to arrive empty handed. Cora was given the royal treatment by Captian Kenny (who she warmed up to immediately- very unusual for Cora). They were instant pals. It was like I wasn't even there. He led her around and put her in every truck there. There was even one truck that was used at Ground Zero. Our fire department bought it from a station in NYC. It is used to haul equipment to big disasters.
I wish I had taken my real camera instead of my iphone. The pictures aren't great but you can easily see how much fun Cora was having. I had to pull her out of some of the trucks because she didn't want to leave. I am sure we'll be making another trip soon. Thanks HFD!

Cora with Captian Kenny She insisted on wearing the seatbelt. Look at that smile!
She is so proud to be driving that ladder truck!

Cora walking down Churton after the fire station- she looks like she is really reflecting on our little field trip. Now- let's go to Tupelo's and get some lunch! Such a fun day!

No comments: