Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What's New?

I slayed this dragon. Who's next?


Since this is serving as Cora's Baby Book... Mom of the Year. I wanted to post a few of her newest accomplishments.

Cora is really getting good at 2 word phrases like-

"love you", "fix it", "bless you", "excuse me" (sort of), "help me"

She has also become very stubborn about certain things. One example was the other night when I was going to clear away her dishes and she INSISTED that Coy do it. Some times she won't do something when I ask her to but she will do it when it is her idea. Aunt Emmie saw this at breakfast the other morning. I wanted her to taste something and she would not dare- but when I was not paying attention, she gobbled it up. Funny girl.

Each night we rock for a few minutes and when I put her in her bed she cries for about 5 seconds and then she lays down. NICE!

On the subject of bedtime... A few nights ago I realized that when I hum to her (while we're rocking) she recognizes the songs! It blew my mind when I was humming Row, Row, Row Your Boat and she started singing the "Row, Row" part. When I was humming Jesus Loves Me, she started pointing to herself and me at the "Yes! Jesus loves me" part. Wow.

When it is cold and we're outside, we hug to keep warm. It's so sweet. She says "cold" then "hug".

Cora can spell her name! I spent one day spelling it over and over and over, not really thinking she would catch on. The next morning she was on the changing table and she started doing it herself! I had not even brought it up that day. I have a witness- Coy heard her and could not believe his ears either.

She already had a neat personality but it is really shining through now. She is getting more used to family members and she is much more interactive with her friends. Last weekend we visited with Oh-wo across the street and the two of them laughed and chased each other up and down the hall for the longest time. One would fall and the other would laugh. Then they were off again.

We are so proud of Cora. She has enriched our lives beyond words.

1 comment:

Nathan, Laurie, Elizabeth & Emily said...

It's so much fun watching their little personalities develop. Although, I have to remind myself of that when the not so good of the personality is shining through!

She's adorable!!!