Tuesday, March 16, 2010

1st Zoo Trip

Yay! We're at the zoo!
We Allens are high society- NC Zoo Society, that is. Cora's Ge (this is my mom's new name- Cora named her) gave her a membership to the NC Zoo Society for her 1st birthday. We've lost count of how many times we've used it at the Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores but never at the zoo. Two weekends ago the weather was so beautiful so we thought we'd try it out. Cora loved it! I can remember being a kid and all of the animals seemed so far away. No doubt they were trying to get to the only shade on the far side of the fields. This was different. The weather was perfect and the animals were so close! We had a fantastic time! Thanks Ge!Cora wanted to study before we got to the zoo.

BUS!!!!!
One of Cora's favorite parts- a parking lot full of buses.



Coy dropping my baby down a huge leaf sliding board. The playground there is so neat! It's like you're in a huge garden and you're the size of an ant.

My monkeys in a gourd


Some of the baboons were not very modest... We liked the baby ones the best.
The giraffes were beautiful and SO CLOSE!!!
Huge eggs in the elephant exhibit? Maybe I missed a day or two in biology class... Never mind, Cora enjoyed them.






a loving embrace-
I just happened to snap the picture at the right moment.

Honda- Our Favorite
Come to find out, he was there when I was a kid. He's an old guy.

1 comment:

Emily Myers said...

I love love love the one of Coy and Cora (your two monkeys)! What a great trip! What a lucky girl- love to my bug :)